Ugh there are so many DCS sets I’m looking at - DCS Solar Green, I think I missed DCS Polch but I’m thinking about DCS Molch, DCS Grass Valley, DCS Olivetti…and Switch Oddities is having a sale this month to celebrate stocking 2000 switches in 4 years (which is kinda wild), so I have a cart going there too
I don’t know about Grass Valley. Where is that discussion?
I just saw DCS Tang pop up as well.
In the SP’s discord, there’s the self-promo-for-sp-sets.
For those who aren’t in the server: SPKeyboards Discord
I’m thinking of joining DCS Hangul but not too sure yet. DCS Olivetti is definitely a buy for me when that comes.
It’s in discord! There’s a google doc IC form that’s old now, but has the discord link. Since that form was created, the kitting has changed (updated base, more colorful numpad, BAE, bars, ISO) and vendors have picked up the set so it’s no longer private (Bowl, Geon, Typist Club, Proto[Typist], KTECHS last I can see).
I think I missed DCS Tang Pop - where are you following that one?
EDIT: I guess I sent this through before refreshing and seeing Arrinura already replied…oh well
I forgot it’s there too - nice, thanks!
Olivetti is starting lilke next week (this week? March 27 lol) - that was so fast
Oh yeah - I left that one recently! I go through phases…I’ll probably rejoin at some point. Almost got in on DCS Root Beer, but resisted. Anyway, thanks!
Took advantage of the NovelKeys sale to pick up a bigger project mat and a few switches of varying sizes:
Ordered a few thing from the Drop closeout sale. Got steel weights for my CSTM80 and CSTM65. Also picked up a brass plate and different color top for my CSTM65. I didn’t think about it in time or I would have picked up another spare top to sticker bomb. I’ll have to see if the prices drop even more ![]()
Just ordered some lube and tools for a bit of overdue key mainteenance
Also an ultrasonic cleaner
Been looking at wireless keyboard kits, no sure what to get
What is the plan for the ultrasonic cleaner? Old switches?
Yes. A good clean in isopropyl alcohol and re-lubing.
IPA should be better fro cleaning them than the usual detergent bases.
Gott a USB microscope on the way so I can examine the switches before and after
Thanks for the reminder about the Drop sale! Picked up DCX Topaz for $35 after tax/shipping:
Okay, I got some PBS from Yuzu! First PBS set and first Yuzu order - it’s for my Daertwing board - I’m excited!
Just ordered my first OLED monitor. Found the Dell 3225QC on sale for $499 with a coupon to take off another $125 on Amazon. So under $400 for it seemed liked a pretty good deal.
Been thinking about a new/spare keyboard. Computer doesn’t need any upgrades so have t spend the money on something!
Monsgeek M2 V5 VIA is current favourite, Akko Cilantro switches. I can get this for $A209 delivered so within the budget.
Current keyboard is Monsgeek M3 which is wired only so wireless/BT would be nice
I won a raffle spot for the PC 910 (collab TGR with GSK). I’ve always wanted a 910 so I’m pretty happy ![]()
From the “think about ordering” department… I’ve been looking at the surplus Parallel Sequence cases floating around on eBay and trying to think of a PCB/plate combo that might make sense to bundle with them as a barebones or custom build. Of course, the Bakenoko exists, so it would need to be cheaper or weirder or both. This would be the first time I’m noodling on a project that would be intended for sale, so I’d want to make sure there was a value add, and it also means my instincts for personal builds (“DIY all the things!” “no stabs!”) might not be as helpful. People have done some cool stuff with gummy O-ring 65% platforms though, including quasi ortho-linear, Alps compatible, and probably other stuff.
I’ve been thinking about picking up a RT6856T for years now. There are a ton of them around and they’re basically landfill material.
I usually have lots of free time but these next two months are gonna be hectic.
But maybe when I get through that I’ll finally get with it and buy one. I want to see if I can cut it up and make an MX or Alps build in it. Some good dremel time and maybe either get a PCB made for a platless build or do something hardwired for the fist time.
Anyway, been thinking about that for a few years or more.





