What is on your desk today?

This Ouro color is pretty hard to match with anything other than sets with greens in them, but Aether looking pretty good on it to me! Got GMK Dandy (the Dandy base) & GMK Lux on the way eventually to pair with this (think Dandy will be perfect for it!). Despite it being hard to match sets to, I do really love the almost brass, but a little brighter color Ouro came out in. Definitely a lot brighter than the OG renders though so not sure how others feel about it?

7 Likes

Was thinking Red Samurai, but the gold in GMK Lux looks really good too

2 Likes

Finally built this thing and I’m suuuper happy with it. Def exceeded my expectations in terms of feel and overall experience. This will definitely crack my board rotation.

RAMA KARA ICED + weight + tempest tape mod.X
Gateron Ink Black v1, L/F + GMK Oblivion Git v2

20 Likes

Sounds intriguing! Thought I’d buy a few for just the stems, but now I’m tempted to fill out a small board with them. Simple coat on the stem and no films, sounds like a plan. Thanks dude.

Damn, give us a setup tour 10/10

1 Like

Thanks bru :innocent::call_me_hand:t3:

I actually have a different desk/setup now, and my desk is rarely that empty haha (see below :sweat_smile:); but, yea, I’m down to do a comprehensive “what’s on your desk today” post here :).

17 Likes

The venerated HHKB! Grateful that I got to loan the HHKB Pro 2 from my buddy, it’s my first time using Topre for an extended period :slight_smile:

13 Likes

wow nice! how you managed to get cherry profile keycaps on this? did you use the NT sliders or something else? :slight_smile:

making me feeling like getting another Kara in iced! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I think they’re the KBDFans EC 9009 Topre keycaps. Given that it’s on loan, I’m not keen even removing the keycaps to confirm (or doing anything that may affect the structural integrity of the board haha)

1 Like

oooh thanks mate! This one is good, let me get some for my HHKB too :smiley:

UTD 360c - Have been using this big boi for the past few days. It’s gummy o-ring mounted with red alu full plate with retooled blacks.

Really like this board! The typing feel is really good (cushiony & bouncy), and with RT blacks, it’s really poppy sounding! The price is really good for this! But next up - I will try to get the Frog TKL :smiley: Wanna add a green tkl to my collection :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

3rd and final Kara build until R2 comes. :angel: This is the strangest one so far.

• Clear Everglide stabs
  • Box Jade switches (I have a ton of them from my early clicky days :woozy_face:)
  • Tokyo60 R1 keycaps (I’m all out of fresh caps at the moment, and I like the color)

Overall, it’s a very palatable clicky keyboard due to the mute mount, and PC plate.

12 Likes

That’s a wooden rail, not a desk. :upside_down_face:

I love the keycaps you selected! Looks like a close match to the standard HHKB offering.

3 Likes

There you go, it’s on my desk!

The keycaps worked out nicely, even if they are exclusively for another keyboard (that I don’t even own :upside_down_face:)

12 Likes

When it became apparent that Rukia wasnt going to ship anytime soon (if ever), I went out and bought an AV3. Details:

• Layout: Arisu (Alice w/arrows)
  • Case Material: Acrylic
  • Plate: POM
  • Switches: H1 (filmed, lubed with 205g0)
  • Stabs: Zeal (lubed with 205g0)
  • Keycaps: GMK WoB
  • Cable: Pexon double-sleeve

Board is basically done, other than I will be looking for blank spacebars to replace the OG fix. Feel and sound are excellent, IV Works has an active community with an engaged creator. Very happy with it.

Potato Pic:

12 Likes

The build looks great. Unfortunately, I’m in the same boat with the Rukia – I bought a MGA Standard while I wait. From the last update that Hiney gave, the OG Spacekeys R2 GB should be shipping in August/September, and they have a CP & CR kit. There were a few proxies internationally, so I bet you will be able to find a local vendor with extras very soon.

Godspeed x Classic Blue on 65g Tealios on Klippe on Shanshui

I like heavier linears and I like lighter linears. It’s nice to switch from one to another occasionally.

16 Likes

My Frankenstein PC Maja that I keep switching between GMK Laser and ePBT Black Japanese on.

I think normal frosted PC just doesn’t look good with GMK Laser. At least not with the brass plate.

12 Likes

Just Space65 CV with GMK 8008 and a numpad ;]

18 Likes