What is on your desk today?

It’s a DMR two-way radio, Motorola SL7000e.

That’s cool and it’s clear my knowledge of 2-way communication is stunted at CB’s and Walkie Talkies. :smiley:

Finally built the Gentleman65 that I got a while back.

65% is not my favorite layout, but once all together I think it looks pretty nice. Almost like it came from Ikea.

11 Likes

https://imgur.com/1b09X41

Swapped out the caps on my MX-modded Norbaforce R2 for Hyperfuse Redux and noticed that the Klaykaps DSA Encore artisan works out pretty well with the grays of this set.

20 Likes

I made a tfue clone out of my Klippe.

11 Likes

I am afraid to try real Topre, because I would have to have this. It is stunning.

4 Likes

Today’s board is my Rama Kara! EPBT Abs Dolch and NK Creams.

Transitioning to a good plastic keyboard is always a good thing. The Rama Kara with this build works well for me, I like the sound and the typing feel of the Kara - it’s like a firmer o-ring sandwich mount kind of board. Also, Dolch with Azur really compliment each other well!

Now I am thinking if I should get another Kara because I really like “Tang” colourway of the Seq2.

11 Likes

Picked up some keycaps for $10 to prettify my workhorse Masterkeys. I think they’re knock-off NKPC Sunset Blue Gradient keycaps given how faint they are in real-life. Although I must say the smoothness of the keycap surface makes it a joy to use

9 Likes

Haus - Top mounted pc plate with raed switches

16 Likes

1 Like

That looks great!!

1 Like

How are the raeds? Been wanting to try some.

1 Like

I think they’re very unique. I love the sound and feel of the bottom out on them. It’s quite thuddy and soft. If you kep them stock (no lube) they bind on off-center presses. Similar to the slip stick on cream switches, but even worse. Once lubed (I used a thin coat of 205g0 on the stem) they don’t stick at all. They are a long pole switch, so you don’t get full travel. Something about the feel is addictive. It’s similar to what I liked about the Gateron caps switches.

Also they dont’ need to be filmed. Always a plus in my book.

4 Likes

This Ouro color is pretty hard to match with anything other than sets with greens in them, but Aether looking pretty good on it to me! Got GMK Dandy (the Dandy base) & GMK Lux on the way eventually to pair with this (think Dandy will be perfect for it!). Despite it being hard to match sets to, I do really love the almost brass, but a little brighter color Ouro came out in. Definitely a lot brighter than the OG renders though so not sure how others feel about it?

7 Likes

Was thinking Red Samurai, but the gold in GMK Lux looks really good too

2 Likes

Finally built this thing and I’m suuuper happy with it. Def exceeded my expectations in terms of feel and overall experience. This will definitely crack my board rotation.

RAMA KARA ICED + weight + tempest tape mod.X
Gateron Ink Black v1, L/F + GMK Oblivion Git v2

20 Likes

Sounds intriguing! Thought I’d buy a few for just the stems, but now I’m tempted to fill out a small board with them. Simple coat on the stem and no films, sounds like a plan. Thanks dude.

Damn, give us a setup tour 10/10

1 Like

Thanks bru :innocent::call_me_hand:t3:

I actually have a different desk/setup now, and my desk is rarely that empty haha (see below :sweat_smile:); but, yea, I’m down to do a comprehensive “what’s on your desk today” post here :).

17 Likes

The venerated HHKB! Grateful that I got to loan the HHKB Pro 2 from my buddy, it’s my first time using Topre for an extended period :slight_smile:

13 Likes