What is on your desk today?

Can confirm it’s a great set. I have the “WoB” version, which is actually dark brown, not black.

To be fair it’s dark brown like Guiness or unmixed coffee - it’s almost black.

Edit; here’s mine:

11 Likes

And here is mine on a slightly less fancy but variable incline supporting ‘case’. Most comfortable angle for me was 2~3° so it’s this way or highway.

3 Likes

That’s the special edition Filco, isn’t it?

I actually bought those Filco ‘WoB’ [dark chocolate] keycaps early-on, but the R3 typing angle was unusable to me.

They are still in storage in a plastic case somewhere. Unfortunately, I don’t think they are the ideal keycap for MX Brown. Maybe MX Blue.

2 Likes

I own these and they are, to date, some of my favorite keycaps. Best texture and color!

1 Like

Pretty much; it’s the “classic brown” Kobo lacquer finish. I got it from mechanicalkeyboards dot com; IIRC those cases are available at an upcharge when picking options like switches. Lots of choices when I looked, though that was around 4 years ago.

1 Like

Have you tried it at different inclines? I started at zero degree then added foam til they profile felt comfortable, arriving at range between 2 and 3 degrees as my sweet spot. What surprised me about SA is how even a tiny change in incline could be felt and how small the comfortable range of incline is. Cherry, being cylindrical, is far more flexible.

1 Like

I noticed no sound difference between these and the stock keycaps.

1 Like

Built this macro pad after dinner this evening!

6 Likes

My RAKK Lam Ang Pro seems to rest at a low angle. I think I’ll try it with the Filco WoB.

1 Like

Today is fun day. Trying out 76 on the 66!

Shovel Knight, Link to the Past, and Overwatch queued up.

18 Likes

My best results in Shovel Knight came during a testing session of Ergo Clears.

Mounted on an Archon AK89, the Ergo Clears were lubed generously with 3204 and used 68 G Progressive springs.

I used Leopold PBT doubleshots as keycaps, since SS2-profile will minimize wobble.

Typing test was pretty good, and I decided to fire up Shovel Knight. It was incredibly responsive. Could hit those falling crystals like hockey pucks. Made a record in that minigame. I didn’t build these for Shovel Knight, but they passed with flying colours.

1 Like

Clearly cribbing some inspiration from MoDo Light but I wanted to try out CK’s Nice PBT so I picked up Greyscale along with the blush and mint accents. Really enjoying them so far!

13 Likes

GMK Dracula on my black Austere

22 Likes

Spooky scary!

4 Likes

A desktop fidget toy, also known as a switch tester - in this case, an empty macro pad.

Decided to compare three shrouded-stem linears in my off moments today - from left to right:

• Aflion Iceberg
  • TTC ACE
  • Momoka Frog

These are all pretty smooth switches - but the ACE is taking the cake for me so far; of the three, it feels the most stable and doesn’t have the level of spring noise the other two do, if any at all.

4 Likes

I put those ACEs in my Portico today.

So color. Much complimentary. Wow.

I’m very impressed with these so far. Just as a first impression, I think these are some of the smoothest, most clean sounding stock linears I’ve tried.

The factory lube job seems great, though I did get some on my hands when installing them - kind of like with the Dark Amber T1s.

Here’s a quick and dirty recording:

The phone is with the keeb on a bare desk so the deepness is a little exaggerated, but it should give a good idea of how clean they sound right out of the bag(s).

8 Likes

TTC’s latest offerings have really impressed me. With some material tweaks (already have an all nylon housing in the works), I can see their switches claiming the top spots in our collective mental ladder.

4 Likes

A little spooky ortho. Board details: quark pcb with greetech browns in a Planck case. Keyreative ABS blanks. Zap cables Flash mat.

14 Likes

Little bit of a Barney color way going on there

1 Like

Interesting layout! Had not seen a Planck with two 3U spacebars before.

1 Like