What is on your desk today?

KAT Space Cadet arrived today!

18 Likes

Been on my desk for a couple of Days. Been using mechanical keyboards since 2008, but first time I took the plunge and customized a board (and waiting for 11.11 to get a custom kit)

• Keychron K6 Hotswap Alu Frame
  • Box Jades for Alphas, Navies for Mods
  • XDA 9009 Colorway

15 Likes

29 Likes

Oh my. That’s beautiful. Laserjack, good one!

1 Like

Wow, laser goes so well with the dark PCB.

1 Like

@ajoflo It really is, isn’t it?!

@peejeh, after a couple months, I can definitively say this is a truly wonderful board. I don’t use it often, because ortho+layers, but I love taking it out from time to time. It’s so comfortable and easy to type on, aesthetically A+, and a dream user experience (build, compatibility, VIA, etc.).

If you don’t mind the pressure, then I would go so far as to recommend anyone who sees this to grab one if there’s ever another GB :slightly_smiling_face:

And yea, although the picture above is dark, I can confirm Laser on blue PCB on ultramarine Klippe is :fire::fire::fire::dragon:

3 Likes

One of the most aesthetically pleasing boards I’ve seen for a while now…I’m gonna be looking out for an R2 of this for sure.

1 Like

Yes, I’m happy with the PC half plate—especially on a gasket-mounted board like the Kei. A full plate would most likely would stiffen it up a bit too much for my taste.

1 Like

never liked ortho but this is amazing

1 Like

GMK Metropolis finally mounted on the Brutal60

16 Likes

Such a beautiful board, with such a beautiful PCB !

2 Likes

I made my own ThinkCaps by throwing some blue accents from GMK Striker on my Classy TKL.

33 Likes

Looks amazing and a great way to do an end run around a group buy!

Wow, this is a nice combo. Well done. I may copy this when my Striker R2 comes in haha

1 Like

This is Azimuth. I took this to a mini meetup the other day and realized I’ve never posted about it publicly. Handwired, hotswap, mixed profile (lowpro thumb keys).
Was meant to be a device to test different encoder types and positions – but I never use them.

22 Likes

That is so close to being a Bat-Keeb! I love the low-pro thumb keys - it just has that beyond-next-level-customized look, somewhere between “cyberpunk” and “tech-renaissance”.

4 Likes

How do you like the typing feel of the Maja? I have an AV3 and would buy another except they are hard af to get (and I dont want to take that opportunity from somebody that doesnt have one), so I am looking at arisu alternatives.

3 Likes

Do you mind sharing more info or pictures of the handwiring? Just curious how you went about doing it with hotswap as I’d like to try that at some point.

1 Like

Sure. While I failed to document this build, I have a quite comprehensive (yet unfinished) build log about its predecessor from 2019. :smiley: Which is pretty much the same design except the contour of the plate:

Actually, I accidentally found and modified the very same mesh on this picture (bottom) which lay in a box of keyboard stuff for years:

13 Likes

finally the MT3 3277 arrived after months of delay… somehow i feel the alphas should have been a shade or two darker, while the mods should have been a shade or two lighter. neat packaging though

11 Likes