What is on your desk today?

Daily-driver M60-A LNY20

14 Likes

21kb Orange Cyrillic. Highly recommended.

9 Likes

Thank you so much. I’ll dig a bit further in the topic and buy some different ones. To find my taste. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a gorgeous looking setup!

1 Like

BMEK Purple + GMK Modo

19 Likes

This is usually on my desk, but today it’s sporting a fancy new knob.

11 Likes

Put some Polycaps🐙on my SMK65 for crispy clicks today.

Instagram post for more photos

9 Likes

My Ceil got some new diggs the other day.

18 Likes

4 Likes

YT short of my current Sat75 build. Penyu switches on CF have an air-y clack to them which I’m not used to, but have grown to really love. Switched the springs to some 63.5g two-stage slow springs lubed real well with krytox 105. These are the first switches I’ve spring swapped and the difference is night and day. I feel like I’ll want these springs in all of my linears.

5 Likes

[ in reference to using a pipette syringe to apply grease to stabs ]

So a light ticking did emerge on one of the keys after about a week - but this might be a result of my pipette running out and refilling it with a different blend; I couldn’t remember if I had my 105 / 205 mix or pure 205g0 in there.

I’m still thinking this is my favorite application method, and I think I’ll stick to getting better at it as opposed to trying other methods and see how that goes.

Yeah, when I started I thought pure 205g0 was BS… Really considering that again because it seems to work a lot more consistently. Problem is, not enough Krytox to do an entire set! :cry:

Question: How many ML of 205g0 does it take to tune an entire set (wires included)?

This is a good question I don’t yet know the answer to - but I’ll track it next time I do a set this way. Still not sure if I’ll always use 205g0, but it’s at least something I’d consider viable at this point.

My 7.5ml (.5oz) has lasted ~30 stabs pairs so far, and it’s still not done.

1 Like

So, in total, 6 sets of full stabs?

I suppose, yes, with full RS and full BS == 5 sets / board.

Get a second data point though, if you can, since I did napkin math.

Also, I brush first, then syringe.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Tecsee Carrot today, and I noticed there’s not much info on this switch aside for some vauge reviews, so I’ve decided on writing a short opinion.

TL; DR: The Tecsee Carrots are great for their price, which goes $26 for 70, noticeably smoother than KS8 Gat Yellows, and have excellent off center smoothness, stem wobble is not on par with top switches but is decent.
I’m sure it’s an overall better switch than most of the market linear.

I should note I’m not a linear fan, I only have 1 board with Gateron Yellow KS8, so smoothness isn’t something that’s important to me as, I’ve used the Carrots stock.

In terms of smoothness:
Those switch are great, I don’t have much to compare to but they’re definitely smoother than well used stock Gateron Yellows KS8, or Gat Yellow KS8 lubed with probably-not-genuine-GPL105 oil I got from KPRepublic, which I had both on a board.

When trying to compare them to switch samples I have:
They’re smoother than Akko’s, Gateron KS8 and the Milky, about as smooth as Polaris Grey but much better off-center.
But not as good as Durock POM/Linear, Boba Gum, Ink Blacks or Aqua Kings.

*They are factory lubed, I didn’t open more than 2 switche but it seems thin, in comparison Durock Linears are socked.
Factory lube is great, I’ve yet to test how it fares with lube, but it’s already seems much better than JWK’s terrible factory lube.

Stem wobble:
It’s decent, when compared to higher end switches such as Durock POMs/Linear line they’re infirior, but better than budget switches such as Gat yellows or the regular Akko CS line.
Despite the price diference, the Ink Blacks and NK Cream wobble is worse, while the Akko CS switch with the boxed stem is better.

Stem is long pole and prodruding, no interference when north facing with Cherry profile.

Off Center press:
I’d say it’s excellent, better than most linear switch samples I’ve tried, only ones better are the Durock POMs, Boba Gums, and Ink Blacks, but not by a huge margain, at least from my experience.
This makes for a very enjoyable typing experience, it’s importance is not that far behind smoothness, the lack of off-center resistance like in a lot of switches makes it feel significantly smoother and actually lighter than it’s reported bottom out force (67g).

Sound:
This is where it gets tricky, the sound is nice, it’s a long flat bottom stem on a PME housing, but past versions had a rounder stem that had marbly sound while the flat stem producing lower pitched sound.
Compared to an older Purple Panda pack I have which leans more towards the marbly and higher pitched, which I prefer.

צילום מסך 2022-04-21 064230

Also, some switches have a tick when typing on them, every switch made have a sound of the stem hitting the housing sides but the PME housing producing sounds similar to stab ticking, not all switches have this but I do notice it on some random switches, I’m sensetive to this kind of sounds though.

Pricing:
I think they’re great for the price, I got 90 for $26 on an AliExpress sale, original price should be 70 for $26.
They perform better when comparing against other samples of more expensive switches.

8 Likes

I’ve been using a bottle of Krytox GPL206 G2 (from Amazon) with a syringe and it’s worked way better than 205g0 in stabs. I initially got it for Topre stabs, but I never got around to using it for that purpose.

2 Likes

That actually sounds great - do you still have the product link in your purchase history? I found plenty of folks selling 206 but so far haven’t found any specifying the grade.

I believe they list the grade further down in the product description.

3 Likes