What is on your desk today?

Built my Ottantaquattro with the KBDFans roller linears today. Topped off with a base set of CRP alphas and mods.

The feel and sound is pretty amazing. Super stable and super smooth linears. I didn’t lube them because I didn’t know how that would work with the ball bearings. They are fairly deep on bottom out with a more medium top-out sound.

If they could make these with all Nylon housings and increase the travel to 4mm, they might be the perfect linear switch.

9 Likes

Nice, got to it before me! Glad to hear you’re liking the switches, probably gonna build a setup for my XOX70 with the Roller switches tonight.

Got a new deskmat, still kinda wavy.
Gat beers probably my favorite at the moment. They’re so crispy.

8 Likes

The purple and pink gradient keycaps you “have” is GPBT Nebula from Glorious, and the black and gold clear keycaps are from Akko’s ASA lineup. The purple and pink keycaps are cherry profile but the clear ones are not.

1 Like

Finally got my KKB Poltergeist on a board. Fun colors. Potato pic

The legends are a light purplish-pink, like the accent colors. Phone not so good about getting the subtle colors on this one right.

12 Likes

Iron180
GMK Universe

11 Likes

I love this set. Even without the ghosts, the legend colors are very cool.

1 Like

Going back through my collection and crossing off some things on my to-do list. Finally got around to putting the proper stabs (1.2mm) on the PCB of my Jris65.

I went plateless with this build, but taped up the flex cuts. Soldered in some homemade Butter Browns and then topped it all off with GMK DualShot 2 since I picked up the colored mods and spacebars during their recent Happy Hour sale.

Finally, the artisan by Mr. Maw. It’s actually for Handarbeit, but with all of the bright colors, I couldn’t say ‘no.’

I think I am finally understanding the vibe that is Cherry Switches on a plateless build under GMK ABS. :relieved:

8 Likes

Derivative, Monokei WoB
PP Plate + KBDFans Roller Switches

12 Likes

KAM_superuser swapped onto my Keychron V6.

10 Likes

Long time not see a full-sized keyboard around here. It looks monstrous! :laughing:

3 Likes

Pulled out the ol’ Sonnet, not only to take Glamor Shots of the engraving job that Mode did on my copper bottom, but because I occasionally forget that this isn’t just a decorative piece in my display. It’s a Certified honest to god AMAZING board!:octopus::heart_eyes:

I reached out to Fatboycarney to ask if I could use his design and he said yes and has actually been following my build along the way, as it’s all sort of been around his keycap set.

I have more work being done on other boards in my collection as well. It’s been a great way for me to really enhance my appreciation of each board, as well as to not keep buying others to have dozens and dozens of boards lying around, not really getting the love and attention they deserve.

Go grab an old board from your collection and hive it some love today!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

After what felt like a very long time, my last remaining GB item arrived last month, the January. The is definitely the peak of my Lumberjack collection.

I was planning to pair it with GMK Regal after having missed out on Phantom R1 when I was still new to keyboards, but then MyKeyboard failed to pay their bills and Phantom R2 was announced. I still can’t believe that Phantom was announced, produced, and delivered before the January shipped. Fast GNK lead times, who’d have thought it?

Frosted polycarb January /w purple Lumberjack PCB
FR4 plate, Gateron Pro yellows
GMK Phantom R2 + novelties

Oh yeh, the LEDs are purple and flash on key press, just because.

14 Likes

Im dead surprised you can even tell the profile from the horrendously grainy photo.
(nice username lol)

thank you lol, IDing stuff is the one thing I’m proud of.

2 Likes

That looks great with Phantom on it! Awesome build man!

1 Like

Looks awesome man! I got my Smoked January last week. It took waaaaaay too long to deliver, but it is an attractive board in hand.

1 Like

WOW!! That looks absolutely amazing, the custom work is very nice.

Also jumping on the Superuser bandwagon!

• Keebsforall Freebird (:candle:) TKL
  • Akko V3 Pro Penguin switches (stem swapped from U4’s for matchy-matchy)
  • KAM Superuser keycaps
  • Stupid Fish Designs foam kit (since the Geon F13 layout kit is sold out everywhere)

Finally can use the :q! key I purchased before I knew about non-Cherry profiles :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Odin75 and Sonnet. But I seem to prefer the exploded 75% layout so have put in an order for a Mammoth 75 to replace the Sonnet. Will order the polycarbonate top and bottom case to make that my travel for work :keyboard: instead.

5 Likes