What is on your desk today?

PBT is where it’s at!

Is this one from KBDfans no-brand PBT black-on-black set with yellow accents? If so, how is it?

1 Like

The top one is that exact set. I have been really happy with it, but I tend to not dig in too much and agonize small details on my pbt sets. Quick summary of what I’ve noticed:

• The bars on the homing keys seem less pronounced and more rounded than the ePBT blanks.

• Some of the caps seem to be slightly different in the hue of gray.

• Legends are decent in my opinion, but they may seem thick to others.

• Some weird legend text BackSpace broken onto two lines on the 1.5u backspace key.

• Compatibility is really good compared to what you get with an ePBT set with legends.

• Some nasty warp on my 6.25u spacebar.

I’m really happy with the set given that I understand I’m not buying an ePBT set, the price is fantastic, and I can’t get this level of compatibility on another black on black set that easily. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another set in the future.

3 Likes

Good enough for my purpose then. I have black Cherry POM and black PPS keycaps which are both excellent in feel and sound but rather lacking in compatibility so this set will help fill fill-in the gaps.

Thanks for the detailed info. :+1:

1 Like

JTK Orange on Black, T1s, Aluminum HHKB Plate, Waldo PCB, Plastic Case

8 Likes

8 Likes

Felt like busting out the Zephyr today :smiley:
Thinking of throwing GMK True Olivetti on :thinking:

14 Likes

Such a beautiful board!

I see you are a man of culture, can we have a pic of the figure ?

More PBT. With the accent kit from keyboard & co. and matching spacebar from Originative.

8 Likes

What do you guys think, is the shade of red the Mangler Orochi has too out of place with Jamón?

10 Likes

I think it works. Adds bit more marbling to the Jamón.

1 Like

That is true! Never thought about it that way. :thinking: Thanks for the opinion! :slightly_smiling_face:

Gotto catch them all ! :slight_smile:

Monday I’m gonna get the R2 and I will have the same collection as you :slight_smile:

What a neat board, what’s it called?

Thank you! It is a PCB that I designed myself (no name yet).

1 Like

Wooden Wrist Rest from NovelKeys with a bit of padding added. Keyboard is usual Holy Panda, Brass Plate, DZ60, Tofu with plate padding and Cubic Juke Box keycaps filled with epoxy clay for extra thocks.

UPDATED: Repadded in full. Feels really nice.

4 Likes

Hi, do you have any typing sound videos with this set that has epoxy filling? Would love to hear them.

Unfortunately, no. Beware that filling keycaps is extremely tedious. I only did it because I Cubic profile, which I like, is thinner than I liked. You’re better off just getting some GMK or ePBT set which are plenty thick.

Fair enough. Was just curious though about the thock :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like