What is on your desk today?

I got my canoe all put together this evening, mint holy pandas, zeal stabs, maxkeys cyan/white w/ random pink spacebar. This is my first holy panda board besides some I tried at the bay area meetup last fall, they’re a big difference from the silent inks I’ve been using as my daily board, but I dig them.

8 Likes

Yes, although I’m not sure I like the blanks personally

I guess I understand if it’s on theme but the blanks just look out of place to me

1 Like

my first handwire board

• holy yok red panda
  • 5x6 manuform - sanded and painted
  • epbt grayscale

20 Likes

How was the overall handwiring experience for you?

1 Like

Yeah, I’m kinda on the same page about the blanks. I overlook it because the I like the colorway, but legends would have been nice to match with the rest of the set.

To be honest, it was time consuming, discouraging and stressful. Got it working the 2nd try, first try was a failure. Approx a month later(was disheartened by the failure of the 1st try, so I needed a break), decided to have a go at it again but this time with all the readings on how the wiring matrix thingy works - luckily the 2nd try resulted to this board and is working.

Since it worked out well, I can say the experience and the learning was fun :sweat_smile: . I would’ve have quit aiming to have this built if the 2nd try didn’t work. lol

4 Likes

Perry60 Prototype x GMK WoB

8 Likes

I have my Affirmative 1225T (a rebranded Unicomp PC 122)

And here’s a typing demo:

8 Likes

16 Likes

Really loving this!

1 Like

Filmed all the switches in my RedscarfII+ ver.C & aluminum Clueboard the other day. Made a huge difference on the sound the boards output, even on the Satanic Pandas in my Redscarf, which surprised me seeing how tightly they fit into plates. I knew the V2 Zealios in my Clueboard would benefit a lot from films, but when I took caps off my Redscarf I was genuinely surprised at how much play the top housings had.

It wasn’t nearly as bad as the Zealios, but if you pushed the switch tops around on the Satanic Pandas you could clearly see movement in each direction. Filmed them up & now they are as tight as a drum, also they sound much better with films to. I didn’t notice it before, but the little bit of play in the top housings made for more rattly typing sound. Now each every keystroke’s sound is clearly defined & without any extra noise from things moving around that shouldn’t! Think I’m just gonna use films on all my switches now TBH since even the Satanic Pandas saw a good benefit from them. Because I honestly thought YOKs & GSUSs were switches that didn’t need them & ended up proving myself wrong here. :thinking:

11 Likes

Brass case and plate, DZ60 and Mitloet caps :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Ooh that brass case is cool

Tokyo60, Space Cadet, and lubed NK Creams making work enjoyable

17 Likes

Wow nice! What case is that?

So damn clean ugh :weary:

1 Like

Some potato pics of my Noxary 268.2 PC. Silent Inks with CWW 55g springs lubed with 3204. Caps are GMK Honeywell.

13 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Heavy6 Royal wrinkle + Nautilus + mandatory matching fidget spinner

13 Likes