What is on your desk today?

May or may not have two sets. Don’t judge me.

Today I put a new project in front of me - the Iris split keyboard from keeb.io

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl8j_o7DHaT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes

New to me Model M made in ‘93 by IBM. Needs a nice cleanup now. Any tips?

1 Like

If you are gonna open 'er up and clean around, you should consider bolt modding :smiley:

2 Likes

Adding to what Manofinterests said: ultrasonic cleaning for the keycaps, and replacing the front bumpons for new ones (if the ones that board has are damaged).

1 Like

Same desk, same accessories same keyboard this time with blank key caps :wink: gonna put my touch typing to the test these next few days!

4 Likes

20 Likes

:star_struck:

I can see your mic setup so clearly

8 Likes

TADA68 with MOD-M Tactile and GMK Oblivion. No matter how many boards and kits I purchase, I always go back to my TADA for work (at home its 40% all the way).

3 Likes

7 Likes

My K-Type wearing SA Godspeed keycaps, now with the following updates:

• Lunar Alpha F and J homing keys from some fortuitous grab bag trading
  • HYPER key in place of RAlt, which I used as a “compose” key
  • USS Enterprise-D artisan from the Galaxy Class set in the Pause position
5 Likes

OLKB x MD PLANCK with starrynight made by Keyreative.
Order this planck for collection.I prefer use BLE40 or Chicory because wireless are so convenience.

6 Likes

Sorry for my slow reply, @Gouty—was at a conference all last week. Before powder coating, cases are either fresh out of the mill (with deburring only) or they have been anodized. Generally the shop will bead-blast them prior to coating to improve adhesion.

6 Likes

This gave me an idea for a keyboard to be called the Red Shirt: DSA Galaxy Class on a Red Scarf II+

3 Likes

Please do that. Stat.

I foolishly passed on the Galaxy Class GB and also do not have a Red Scarf of any kind :pensive:

although I bet Galaxy Class would look pretty great on a Red Scarf III … hmmmmmm

What Galaxy Class needs is GMK version with little more vibrancy and details.

1 Like

How do you display it without getting dust and such? It’s such an amazing piece I’d have it under a glass cover with a mirror behind it to show both sides at the same time.