What mouse do you use?

This has really suprised me how many people use trackballs :thinking:

1 Like

I use it when When I feel my RSI starting to flair up, to change up the way that I’m interacting with the computer.

3 Likes

Love the all black thing you’ve got going :ok_hand:

Wish I could justify upgrading my DAC, it sticks out like a sore thumb. lol

1 Like

hah! disassemble plus plastidip equals profit?

1 Like

The thought has crossed my mind to paint it, but then I would be with out a DAC, for a while. lol

I have a Microsoft WMO that has around 8 years of use and love it to bits but the wheel is now too loose to the point of causing unintentional scrolling.

I’m looking for a replacement and narrowed it down but would like others to chime in.

Criteria:

• White with white buttons
  • Glossy
  • Wired
  • Heavier than average
  • Right hand focused
  • Large “palm” style
  • All behaviors should be modifiable on the mouse itself aka Plug and Play. In fact the manufacturer doesn’t even offer additional software for it.

Based on this criteria the closest I’ve come is a Zowie EC1. The mouse is still not perfect though, I prefer to only have 3 buttons but it appears those days have come and gone.

Any other suggestions given this criteria?

If you can give up the aesthetic requirements a bit then the white Intellimouse pro meets most of your criteria. It’s a wired, large, fairly weighty, very comfortable right handed mouse. I have large hands and really like mine.

1 Like

I’ve got a Logitech G203 as my main mouse. It should meet most of your requirements, the side two buttons are useful for forward/backward when browsing. Or they can be programmed with software (to be disabled entirely if you so wish)

Other possible mice to look out for: Logitech M100, Razer DeathAdder Essential (Mercury White), Microsoft Intellimouse Pro (White Shadow)

2 Likes

Te G502 is avaliable with a color scheme, that incorporates white and has a weight system.
121 g (4.3 ounces) (without cable)
161 g (5.7 ounces) (with cable)

2 Likes

For the moment i have a G402, it’s a good mouse, i like the middle click and the wheel.

A G502 SE is what I’ve been rocking for almost a year now I think. Definitely not a light mouse by any means, but it ticks all the boxes for a good gaming mouse otherwise. Got mine on sale for $35 or some crazy low price, been super happy with it since then.

2 Likes

I used to use a Mionix NAOS 7000 for many, many years until my last job gave me a bunch of Amazon vouchers I used to get a Logi G Pro Wireless.

For any laptop use, I always have a couple of Logi MX Anywhere 2/S.

1 Like

I’ve been using the logitech mx vertical since it came out a few years ago. I switched to vertical mice slightly before that to help with wrist pain - for me they work better than the trackballs I tried and logitech’s is by far the best vertical mouse I’ve seen for sale.

It isn’t any good for gaming, but I usually use an Xbox controller anyway and have an old MX master 2 lying around if I really want to game with a mouse and keyboard.

3 Likes

Mouse check?? (bump!)

I’ve got this Ninjutso Superlight Katana on the way. An ode to the Microsoft Intellimouse that I used to play 1.6 on the family PC growing up.

Currently rocking the Razer Orochi v2 though. What about y’all?

1 Like

I recently got the Xtrfy M4 Wireless and I love it. Fits my hand perfectly. Used the GPW and Pwnage Ultra custom before and they were nice but never perfect.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Ha, I just posted about my mouse in another thread - somehow missed this one.

I use a Ducky Secret M; a right-handed PBT-shell mouse with adjustable DPI and a little RGB going on:

I hadn’t seen them for sale anywhere for over a year so I’d assumed they were out of production - but it looks like they’re back in-stock. Compared with Ducky’s newer Feather mouse, I believe both the Secret and Secret M are larger and definitely more heavy.

The Feather is sold with a few different switch options; I believe the Secret ones have Omrons pre-installed. After a couple years one of the Omron switches started to go; replacing it was no more difficult that replacing a soldered keyboard switch - I had the whole process done in just a few minutes.

1 Like

Ah yes, mice. I use an epic gamer mouse that I’m pretty sure is this one:

Screenshot 2022-02-07 1.47.44 PM

It’s small enough for my hands, and while I’m not a huge fan of the gamer aesthetic, it’s weight + size is too good to pass.

Edit: My thoughts on the mouse so far:

Summary

I think that this mouse is really good. It’s REALLY light (62g AFAIK) and opticals. Probs gonna use this one until it doesn’t work any more, and will get the bigger size if it does! Like Deadeye seems to like his Ducky Secret, I’m sticking with this one. Gamers, Fight me.

2 Likes

I have a Razer Pro Click because I wanted a heavy, wireless mouse and this was about as good as I could find. It’s still a little light for my preferences. It’s connection can be wonky too, but I suspect that due to interference. It’s gotten much better since moving the Bluetooth receiver to a location away from speakers and other hardware.

3 Likes