What's on your workbench today?

Off topic but still cool:

Turned my C64 mini into this little thing that I can mount in a 3.5 inch floppy bay.

14 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like

Love it. Love your mod. Love the NES on the ground. Love your wall decoration. Love your toe :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks. I try

1 Like

Leading Edge Blue Alps snuck into frame too. Nice find.

2 Likes

What!?! :star_struck:

So just when you think you’ve bottomed out, there’s still a bump left to go. Nice. Could you have the bump occur on the upstroke? Kind of like haptic feedback on a PlayStation controller.

2 Likes

First time desoldering (a whole board) :sweat: Took a couple switches to get used to it, but I think I have it now. I’m starting on one side of the pad, then moving the iron to the other side, then gently pushing against the pin until I see it moving—at which point—fwoop!—I solder sucker it up.

5 Likes

This is the correct face for “desoldering a whole board”

6 Likes

Bahaha, wish me fortitude pleasee

1 Like

Maybe. 1mm is rather a small space though. I think a sloped ledge at the end may be more realistic than a bump with each keystroke ending on the ledge.

Results from the prototype:

1. bump needs to be further down. 4mm keytravel ends right where the bump was.
  2. epoxy clay didn’t stay on.
3 Likes
  • Swapped out the default .5mm button spacers for the mouse clicks with .9mm on the left and .8mm on the right to eliminate pre-travel
  • Swapped out the 5mm DPI button with the 3mm DPI button because I don’t use that button at all
  • Lubed the mouse click rails/guides/whatever they are called with 205g0

9 Likes

Know any dope mods for a Logiteck MX Master? :eyes::joy:

1 Like

I just have to ask because curiosity;

Do people who have mice with holes have issues with sweat and crud accumulating at the vertices of those hexagons?

This is my 2nd hole mouse and I haven’t had any issues, but I also don’t eat any where near my PC and I don’t like the way my hands feel if they’re a bit oily so I wash my hands pretty often…

4 Likes

No keyboards today, but giving my 1973 mini Marantz some much needed care. New bulbs, fixing a solder joint, cleaning etc. Will post an update when I’m finished :grinning:

Edit: posted some pics over in the audio thread: Audiophiles, audio & stuff thread - #79 by M_er_sun

4 Likes

I clean out the hexes with qtips when they get a bit dirty. stays pretty clean.

A curated selection of tactiles for a new build client; 8 stock and 8 frankens.

• Bluish White

• Boba U4 62g

• Boba U4TB 62g

• Dragonfruit

• Ink Kangaroo

• Polia

• Taro Ball

• T1 (Dark Amber)

• Polia stem in Boba housing

• Polia stem in Kangaroo housing

• Bluish stem in Bobagum housing

• Bluish stem in Boba U4 housing

• Bluish stem in Ink Black housing

• Dragonfruit stem in Bluish White housing

• Dragonfruit stem in U4TB housing

• T1 stem in Queen housing

Springs chosen to compliment tactile relationship of stems and leaves; some from donor switches, some from elsewhere.

One of these will be going into a modded Miya Pro, when the time comes - set to adorn the desk of a newly-minted punk-musician-turned-lawyer.

7 Likes

I mean, virtual workbench, but I’ll be printing it soon.

7 Likes

Working on an SFF build in the Not From Concentrate Skyreach 4 Tiny

8 Likes

What kind of video card can you run in that?

2 Likes