What's on your workbench today?

This is a great project! I’ve been mulling over the possibility of a low-profile-spherical (LPS) set.

What do you print these on? Or are these molds?

1 Like

Is it just me, or is each column a different size?

1 Like

Thank you, maybe I should create a separate post for in-depth discussion?

I printed these with my Elegoo Mars. I’ve also done a test printing a mold and filling it up with Play-Doh, worked fine, too :smiley:

Good eye! They are not all different, but some are. I’ve jotted down some notes in the image.

10 Likes

Near-cylindricals look most comfortable to me.

1 Like

My preference is for the green. More touch area. I am not an accurate typist.

Thank you all for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

I’ll spend some time and prepare documentation regarding visualization and terminology. I imagine it to represent the row profile, side profiles, and touch area. And as already mentioned print a second batch with a sculpted row profile. With that done I’ll start a dedicated thread for discussion, suggestions, and feedback.

3 Likes

After you removed the rust, did you sand and prime? or did you go straight to painting? It looks good!

1 Like

Excited to see your documentation and furthur information in the upcoming thread! :slight_smile:

I sanded the areas with rust and only coated with a primer which happened to have the desired colour

1 Like

Yeah I gotta agree, I’d say I would take pretty much any cylindrical option over any spherical option anymore

3 Likes

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Cylindrical sets are very comfy and mostly outdo the spherical offerings in that regard. However, I find what they make up in comfort they lack in the variation of styles/aesthetics. I’ve seen enough rounded rectangles with a straight extrusion profile to last me a lifetime. I strongly believe there is room for variation and experimentation. That is why I’m looking into this – there is so much to learn and explore.

Please feel free to share your experiences.

Thank you and have a great weekend.

5 Likes

Pulled apart a Tacit. V2 for some macros.

8 Likes

Well that there has my attention. Perhaps a competitor to the venerable Boba U4?

Tacits have been around for a while. I think if I remember right the pre-date Alpacas, which have the same dampening set up.

Only issue is that I think they are exclusive to an EU vendor. One of the reasons I never jumped on trying them :persevere:

I did note that the only source seemed to be European based. I didn’t realize they’d been around a while.

1 Like

the maker of the tacit switch is keebwerk or: Candykeys.

1 Like

hey, buddeh

7 Likes

Today we have, barely mitigated chaos.

12 Likes

Holy moly of organization that looks like a great time!

1 Like