What's on your workbench today?

Looks like low Entropy to me :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the result of starting a project, hitting a roadblock, having to wait for parts, then starting another project as I wait because I think I’ll be able to get it done. Then repeat this cycle several times and we arrive here.

The stickers aren’t helping the visual cacophony either. As much as I like them, I sort of regret using them on my work mat.

2 Likes

Could you tell me where you found those lithium batteries? Me needs.

You bet, as with all these things I got them from AliExpress.

This store specifically: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/215388?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000061.1.73092d8dpyXtIi

1 Like

I’ve been looking for info on tacit v2s, and I have some questions.
A. Do they feel like t1s if you’ve tried them, aka no pretravel, big bump, postravel?
B. How quiet are they? Compared to tacit v1s, zilents, u4s etc.
C. How’s the wobble? (Stem and housing) will they need films?
D. How’s the stock lube? Do you think they need to be lubed and what lube would you recommend for them?
E. Any suggestions for similar or better switches? What’s your person opinion on these?
Sorry for all these, you are the first person I found that has tacit v2s, thank you.

2 Likes

Please review the maker board when it’s finished!

Looks like a happy workbench with many projects.

I will do that. Finding a battery pack is my current challenge. With the hotswap sockets and the fairly shallow battery well in the case I need a pack that’s about 4mm in thickness. I also need a three pin connection as the board is supposed to be able to monitor the board.

The one I have fits perfectly but is only a two wire pack. So I’m a little leery about using it. I may have also already killed it when I twitched slightly and made contact between the connections while soldering.

Wire between pcb and plate - Bluetooth antenna?

Yeah, this are kind of novel. There’s a little module that connects via the edge which contains the BlueTooth and NFC radios, along with the MCU. Then you plug antennas into that. However, if you buy the switch plate, they’ve integrated antennas into that so you bring them all the way to the top of the board. Kind of clever I thought.

So one wire for the BlueTooth radio, and one for NFC.

2 Likes

Finally took some time to install the Keebwerk Tacit. V2s.
Also completely broke down and cleaned the Kira.
Hadn’t done that since I got it. It def. needed it.

I was going to soak the keycaps, but instead decided to clean them 1 by 1 with iso.
That was mind numbingly tedious, but they almost look better than new.
Going from Jades with white housings to the Tacit. V2s REALLY cranked up the RBG brightness.

6 Likes

Another day, another tester. This time I’m customizing a keeb for my dad - who is currently accustomed to Outemu browns.

5 Likes

Just saw this, great work!
Out of curiosity, heard the board was made of steel so what is the weight ?

Thanks!

It’s 2430 grams, including the keycaps :wink:

That’s pretty heavy :slight_smile:

yes, and pretty immobile up to 7 on the Richter scale. :rofl:

2 Likes

While maintaining a digital press at work, I needed a small amount of grease - so I reach into the toolbox and what do I find?

Good ol’ Krytox GPL 205;

Grade… “S”? Not familiar with that one, but I did get a small kick out of seeing this tube at work.

4 Likes

It’s may just be short form for “grease” haha. Maybe.

2 Likes

I took advantage of an offer from AllPCB a week ago to get some free prototype PCBs, including free worldwide shipping. And it’s always the shipping that ends up costing as much as the production.

The offer had a short time limit and a limit to the PCB area, so I really quickly knocked up a tiny PCB to connect a Pro-Micro to a ATMega328 for bootloader programming.

AllPCB are always more expensive than JLCPCB, but you can’t argue with free. The quality of these little boards seem good, and you can’t argue with the turnaround time, I ordered on the 19th and they arrived via UPS today.

5 Likes

Did some Plastidip experimentation… very good at dampening sound! It also, with a little difficulty, peels off/out. I’d recommend putting a couple pieces of tape underneath/sticking out of the poured material so you have something to start the peel.

11 Likes

You know, related to this, I wonder what Dynamat would do in this scenario. I think I have a few chunks from an old speaker install, I should try that out.

3 Likes