What's on your workbench today?

The musical resonance description makes sense. Thanks. Tsangan bottom row with full backspace is the tits.

1 Like

The Nullbits “Snap”, as always, a pleasure to build up their kits.

6 Likes

I want one so badly but i messed up soldering the nibble i have from them and it doesnt work ;-;

Matching pcb color with the dev boards (assuming those two dev boards in the upper left are for this build) is a nice touch!

Yeah, that’s Nullbits doing. They have their own MCU’s made called the Bit-C. They also order up screens in white. Too bad the little speaker couldn’t have had a white housing, but I’ve got a 3D printer that can fix that.

2 Likes

I have to be honest, I have a lot of anxiety around building these. I’m constantly worried about one thing or another. More often than not it works, and gladly when it doesn’t the community has usually been able to help.

If you think your Nibble has a chance, you should post up where you’re at and I’m sure others can give you some guidance.

1 Like

Giving the Novatouch an honest go in its stock case, but modding it to my preferences. I don’t have high any expectations for sound but having a native MX-compatible board that is ready to host some unused keycaps is nice. Found enough Des #5 rings in my leftover packets; then tackle stab lubing tonight.

5 Likes

Now, this is my idea of a relaxing evening.

A little true crime youtube mixes well with mixing switches. This evening I’m topping-off my collection of Heisenbergs and Holy Dragons.

7 Likes

that purple setup is looking delicious

4 Likes

I published a minor update to my frankenswitch recipe page to indicate what kind of testing I’ve done with them / if there are potential issues with the recipe.

Is this your new recipe?

4 Likes

I took the day off so I’m spending a bit of time lubing, filming, and spring swapping a batch of Tealios. I’m trying to get away from always using 55g TX long springs so I’m using Kinetic Labs’ 58g symmetric, which I’m pretty sure are rebranded Tecsee springs. I’ve done a handful but I’m finding it hard to do the full set because I have misgivings about the springs. I like the weight but there’s this quiet but consistent ticking/crunch sound on depress. It probably wouldn’t be noticeable under normal use but it’s still got me thinking that I should seek out an alternative.

3 Likes

I haven’t had this issue with my 58g 2-stage from Flashquark.com nor my 56g 3-stage from aliexpress :thinking:

1 Like

Good ol’ r/switchmodders

• 20% Nintendo Switch posts
  • 9% redundant recipes
  • 1% good recipes
  • 70% [ see above ]

I can tell you I sometimes answer the odd question there, but I’ve yet to make a post. A bit too speculative an environment for my tastes. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve used the 53g version of the same spring without issue so I don’t know what the issue is. I just don’t like the way that it’s adding to the slight shuffling sound that Tealios have, even when lubed. How’s your experience with the three-stage springs been?

Try smothering stage-end (part in the middle where spring gets bunched up) w/lube to see if that makes any difference.

I see where you’re going. Part of me thinks that this needs to be a thicker lube since this is likely the product of friction but then my concern is affecting spring action. But that’s probably negligible at best.

Yeah. Even if smothering the two-stage spring w/205g0 works, it’s not going to make much sense cost wise.

I have two and three stage springs on the way but I think one-stage 18mm and 20mm springs, also in the order, will be my next level up in the linear game. Other than odd feels, finding my weight with multi-stage springs seems more difficult than single-stage.

I’d love to know your thoughts once you’ve had time to try them out. TX’s 16mm in 55g have been my go-to but I need to try other things, too and I’m starting to think these Tealios would be a perfect place to do it. The amount of choices almost makes the task tougher, I think.

1 Like

I’ve been meaning to do this for quite a while.
Projects take their time, I guess :smiley:

The Planck goes Alps.

7 Likes