Zambumon Verne: custom TKL keyboard

Notice how my money intersects with your wallet when this is released

7 Likes

I am all for this design, very simplistic and aesthetically pleasing! Once this group buy comes around I will have to downsize my collection a bit to make some room :grinning:

Zambumon, please pardon me for bothering you and for being offtopic, but do you have any plans to make another run of your blue keycaps pictured above?

Beautiful curves and design, I love the aesthetic

Late 2019

3 Likes

Very, very cool design. I think it would benefit a lot from a softer plate option – either full or partial aluminum perhaps. A very stiff typing experience from brass or stainless seems counter to the softer, vintage-inspired aesthetics.

Regardless, good luck!

The keyboard has little to do with vintage design and I have no plans to add more options for plates. So I’m not going to make half plates for this board because if I wanted a vintage experience I’d just remove the plate like all the Cherry G80.

I would love this!

gimme 65% of this

1 Like

No.

I’ve many keyboards on my backlog. Making adaptations of a design in other form factors isn’t something I want to do at the moment.

5 Likes

Is this a joke or a real info? LOL :laughing:

I’m not provoking or anything, just genuinely interested.

BTW, what about Lasers? Are there any plans to rerun those?

I don’t joke about this stuff.

Laser isn’t my set.

Alrighty then. Late 2019 it is.

Are you planning on using ABS/GMK again, or there is a chance for a PBT set this time?

Let’s keep this thread Verne related. When the time comes, a thread for this set will be created.

Definitely interested, hope this comes to GB phase!

This looks too nice to type on.

What about ISO support?

I wasn’t interested on having ISO. That would require more plates (because I want fixed ones). In fact, the PCB doesn’t even have ISO support.

I just finished listening to your segment on Keebtalk and damn, I can’t wait for this board to satisfy you so that it can enter some kind of group buy. I also really hope the white can meet your standards and that I’m lucky enough in the raffle!

Can you give the specifics of what was discussed? What are the details of the raffle?