2022 Keyboard Resolutions (and Appreciations)

Hello y’all,

I got into keyboards at a pretty amazing time. Between forums and streams and chats and more, there’s so much knowledge and inspiration and variety out there to soak in.

I’m pretty thankful for the time spent on Keebtalk too. It’s a bit deliberate, a bit eclectic, and on the whole, a bit level-headed here — which is nice.

Unfortunately, I didn’t write as many build logs as I wanted (2021 Keyboard Resolutions) because, well, delays. But, I still had a pretty fun year in keyboards and got to know some great people.

For 2022, my resolutions are pretty simple

• Consolidate my collection
  • Enjoy what I have on hand
  • Try one new thing that’s outside of my usual approach/attitude towards keyboards

+++

Last year, I added a quote here. But I figured, along with your resolutions, why not have everyone post a quote that you think represents the mindset you want to have in 2022 :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Happy new year!

My resolution for 2022 is to play Zelda:Breath of the wild on my switch. :partying_face:

9 Likes

My resolution is to stop buying more Norbauer housings! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Seriously, it’s a problem.

In all seriousness, I am resolving to downsize my collection. I love the hobby, but have found the fit and it’s time to sell off the unused bits and clean house a little. That and get more exercise. Turns out the time spent at the keyboard is less than healthy.

Happy new year, you all!

10 Likes

My resolution is to sell off everything I don’t use. A year of less.

9 Likes

I resolve to:

Do:

• More Exercise
  • Sleep at 8, not 9
  • Regulate my spendings
  • Buildmore keebs!

Don’t

• Be an asshole in general
  • Procrastinate (this one is almost gone :partying_face:)
  • Give up soldering… It sucks but will help someday

Happy new year everyone!

7 Likes

Happy new year, all!

I can definitely say my 2021 was better for this community, and I’m glad to know it coming into 2022. I got 1.5 out of 3 from last year - not too bad, but let’s keep going!

Resolutions for 2022:

• Make more content for the site I started last year! :clapper:
  • Finish that project I’ve had on hiatus for all of 2021. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Build (and make videos of) the two customs I bought last year. :keyboard:

My favorite quote of 2021 that also encompasses the mindset I’d like to have moving forward into 2022 can be transcribed, but I think it makes a better impression when heard:

7 Likes

OH ye, I did all except make my own wooden case.

5 Likes

The virtue of not adhering to your 2021 resolutions…

… is that they’re as good as new for '22!

ok, i did build some boards, but oh my, i must do better this year

7 Likes

Get back down to 3 keyboards! So, when the Vega and M65-C finally arrive, I’ll need to sell.

8 Likes

Finish my Fusion360 course and start ideating/prototyping things in general, both for a future 3D printer and maybe try my hand at designing a housing

7 Likes

Happy new years!!!

• Finish building home office. My current setup is less than acceptable and I need to double down the finish my office by springtime.
  • Polycarbonate Heavy-9 Q2 my most exciting build planned of next year
  • Learn to tune Topre specifically stabs. I have read the guides have a plan just need to take time to do it.
  • Reorganization in pretty much everything virtual and physical (GitHub, Imgur, Keyboards)
10 Likes

Happy New Year everyone!

For me, I’m trying to keep it simple in more ways than one.

• Don’t buy any more keyboards. Seriously, three is seriously enough for me.
  • Buy things when I need them, not necessarily just because I want them (otherwise known as exercising a modicum of self control)
  • Find jars that fit in my switch drawer. It’s starting to get chaotic in there.
  • Continue to be a part of this community and interact with it as much as possible. Seriously, this is a great group and I love being able to get my keyboard nerdery out somehow. I’m so happy to be a part of it.
10 Likes

Happy new year y’all! Thanks for making a resolution thread again @sarvopari :smile:

Let me just review what I said last year real quick…

I did a bit but not much.

Not even a little bit.

I haven’t been in that makerspace in 2 years, I need to cancel my membership at this point.

Haha no.

Uhhhhhhhhh… I think I’ll focus on being more consistent with lubing for now. I currently have 3 unbuilt keyboards, need to take care of those lol.

7 Likes

Hahaha. I empathize so much :upside_down_face:

I’m enjoying reading all these!

4 Likes

No resolutions yet. I want to move a few MX-related things on because I’ve sold my soul to be one with cup rubber.

Appreciations: of course the help threads on KT and also big thanks to Discord/Topre scene where online interactions have truly taken the place of and sustained some kind of human contact for me during (i freaking hate this phrase) these unprecedented times

8 Likes

I can relate to this in so many ways. My hobby became a primary social outlet in the last 24 months. Very thankful for all of you.

8 Likes

My resolution is I want to start lubing more switches/ selling more lubed switches. Also would like to start a lubing service and hopefully if I work enough I could start a website but that seems impossible. For the past almost 10 months Ive been selling lubed switches and its something I really enjoy, and I would definitely like to take it to the next level as ridiculous as it sounds.

6 Likes

Not ridiculous at all! I used to do it a fair bit a few years back and toyed with setting up a site. If you enjoy it, go for it! And all the best in doing so if you do!

5 Likes

Happy New Year !

My keeb resolutions would be:

Learn new tricks by designing a new PCB.
Maybe one that uses optical switches ?

Start a new case project.

Open source one of my designs, a way to thank this awsome community for all that I learned interacting with it.
Would you like to make your own Manta75 guys ?

8 Likes
  • Try and find a set of OG doubleshot keycaps
  • Try and get a full set of jet axis and linear aristotles
  • Lose 30kg until next new year’s eve
  • Build WKL, HHKB, 1800 layout and exploded 75% kind of keyboards.
  • Design open source files for metal, gasket mount case files for BM keyboards
  • keep collecting interesting switches.
  • ?
5 Likes