Bay Area (NorCal) Mechanical Keyboard Meetup November 10th 2018

Bay Area Mechanical Keyboard Meetup 2018

Hello friends!

It’s about that time of year again where we get to look forward to the Bay Area Mechanical Keyboard Meetup! As of today, I can officially say I have a date and location for this meetup. Below are the simple details of the meetup if you want to see them in a pinch:

Details

What: Bay Area Mechanical Keyboard Meetup Fall 2018
Where: Mosaic, 211 S 1st St, San Jose, CA 95113
When: Saturday November 10th 2018; 10am-5pm
Why: To share, discuss, and learn more about different aspects of our hobby and to allow us to socialize with one another

Notes:
Air Travel: The Nearest Airport is San Jose International Airport
Parking: There is parking at the venue as well as street parking around the area. A recommended parking map from the Venue will be posted here as well.

So I wanted to try something different with this meetup and I’m hoping it can work out with this venue in mind. I have decided to rent out the outdoor section for the meetup. The weather in the area in November should be nice and cool, which will be a nice change. The outdoor area should be able to hold the expected carrying capacity of the event. Last year we had approximately 450 attendees, but of course not all 450 are there at the same time.

At the meetup we will be providing coffee, water, and light appetizers for all attendees. The venue will also have a full lunch menu which I highly encourage everyone check out! The location is approximately 15 minutes from the airport (probably between 25-45 depending on traffic).

Planning on attending?

Please fill out this form so I have a good idea of overall attendance numbers. Thanks!

Sponsors, Vendors, and Volunteers

If you’re interested in sponsoring the event in any capacity, whether it is helping support the overall venue costs, or donating items for the giveaway raffle at the end, please fill out the form below.

Sponsorship Form

If you are a vendor and interested in setting up a small table or shop to sell/distribute goods, please fill out this form

Vendor Form

If you are interested in volunteering to help out with the event, please fill out the form below. While the event starts at 10am, I will be setting up starting at 8am and will be working until we finish cleaning up at 6pm. We are interested in having volunteers at various times to help distribute the workload.

Volunteer Form

Current Sponsors:

Novelkeys

GMK

Zeal

AZIO

Cherry

Kaihua

Hexgears

Kono

Input Club

WASD Keyboards

Norbauer & Co

Massdrop

Pimp My Keyboard

Maxkey

Datamancer

Clueboard

Desk Candy

Keyboard.io

Fujitsu

If anyone is interested in keeping up with updates, feel free to join the Meetup Discord (yay another icon on the long list of discord servers).

Discord Link

Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll do my best to get to them asap. This page will continue to be updated.

6 Likes

Super hype

1 Like

Looking forward to another great key of keyboards. Thanks for setting it up again!

1 Like

I’m there!

I’m going to have to figure out how to make this happen. I’ll be in Monterey that weekend with family. “Hey we need some ice, be back in a few hours.”

4 Likes

Can’t waaaaait!

Marked in calendar, looking forward to it.

Woohoo!

Hype

@Manofinterests The discord invite is expired.

Hype Train (choo choo)

See y’all there!

Yay. I’ll have lots of stuff to show off, as this is thankfully a meetup I don’t have to reach via an airplane. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just here to cry that the one day I can’t make it (cross country regional championships), was the one day that Huey said wouldn’t be the most convenient, and here we are :frowning:

Is there any chance someone is carpooling from Berkeley and has room for 2? :open_mouth:

@TaehaTypes Mr. Sleeves will be there?

Count me there! Hell yeah. I just picked up some hella old boards too :slight_smile:

that’s a surprise :smiley:

I’m in. Hopefully I’ll have some ALF goodies to share too!

1 Like

I don’t have anything to bring that is interesting, is this welcome to anyone? I’m interested to see the different setups and switches. Coming from Fremont.