[GB] the Heavy Grail, a Norbauer housing for the HHKB

I can confirm that the 25th edition caps look great on K2, hoping to eventually be able to snag the blanks :pray:

(also finally received the board and it has exceeded all expectations, thank you so much Ryan :heart:)

18 Likes

Yea wow even better than I expected. Where were you able order the board?

I ordered mine from Rakuten in Japan. Purchased by using buyee.jp as a proxy.

Only took about a week to get to Tennessee.

But they’re supposed to be on sale in the US according to the HHKB instagram account.

2 Likes

Similarly ordered mine from fromjapan. I’ve had great success with them every time, super quick on locking in the order and shipping. Mine also got in around a week from ordering

does the bluetooth work okay in the grail? I like being able to swap to bluetooth so I can type longer texts on my phone :slight_smile:

Can’t say for sure! I used a pro classic for the build and kept the 25th edition Hybrid Type-S untouched in box just for the sake of collection. I’d love to know as well though, would be a nice feature to have

1 Like

Ha, that’s what I was planning to do as well. Don’t wanna take the 25th edition one apart :frowning:

2 Likes

I got my Hi Pro set from KBDFANS today. I’ll have a dedicated post later, but just writing to say don’t consider these for the heavy grail.

A few good things about them but a lot of problems, most notably housing interference on the Q and A rows.

3 Likes

Mine got delivered today, but not home. How are they so far?

1 Like

Mini review here

4 Likes

What silencing rings and lube were used here?

How are thing looking for the PC version? Is that still on track for Black Friday? If everything is planned, would the discoloring for the pink plates be visible given that you see slightly more with the pc case? I would love to have a pc board with pink plate :slight_smile:

Only just this week I was able to firm up that I’ll be able to offer a limited one-time-only batch available on US Thanksgiving day, which I’ll announce to my email list when it’s up. The manufacturing on these is actually complete and they are already in transit, but we likely won’t be able to ship until early next year, as we’re still waiting on some other components like the retail boxes, and assembly on the Grails takes a lot of time. Half of them will have clear polycarbonate plates and the other half will be white ABS.

14 Likes

Clear Polycarbonate plate sounds amazing.

1 Like

Still waiting on that separate thread. Still moving forward?

Had the same issues as you. I’m not sure if its the same for you, but on both my JA and Base Sets, both the “N” and “M” keys would be stuck on the plate and would not rebound.

Will the PC Grails support Pro2 and “Pro3”

The 23u housing is being prototyped in aluminum and steel right now. Once I’ve got something to show that I’m happy with I’ll definitely create a thread. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Pro 3 only, I’m sorry to say. Sales of the Pro 2 were relatively very weak due to the limited contemporary availability of those models, so it’s hard to justify making them again. Apologies to the Pro 2 diehards. :pray:t2:

7 Likes

Fantastic news on the GOCF Heavy Grail!!

On the topic of the GOCF series, how are the Norbaforce Mark III 2021 GOCF’s coming along?