Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Nullbits just released the Snap, a 75% split keyboard. Jay, the owner/designer has taken lessons learned on the Nibble and applied them to this board so it will be interesting to see what the build is like. I honestly found the Nibble to be a very enjoyable build

I purchased one already and I think at $99 it’s a very reasonable price especially given the quality of Nullbit’s kits.

4 Likes

For those of you wanted a Fjell but are fiends for 65%:

7 Likes

4 Likes

I really enjoy Myth Caps’ latest boba series. Missed out on the regular milk tea one and thai ice teas T_T

1 Like
2 Likes

Also here: [IC] Busy Town Deskmat - Guaranteed Nostalgia!

1 Like

GMK Space Cadet is in-stock at NovelKeys. Too bad I’m not into ABS keycaps.

6 Likes

Dorp has the Mojo68 bundles running, sans “THIS IS PLASTIC” version. It looks like Kono’s pre-order is also still running, but more options are always good.

While I couldn’t resist the “Plastic” one myself (still available on Kono for an extra 30 bones at time of writing), some of these other colorways look fantastic, and the caps look to be great quality, too. The base price is higher than many of its middle-market peers, but it’s also a complete keeb - not a barebones kit. That in mind, the price of ~$200 seems good to me.

1 Like

Kono is running another group by from MelGeek, MG Salmon, well after the original GB date as well. I even asked them what the story was and they said it was an active pre-order. It just seems weird.

2 Likes

MelGeek strikes me as one of keeb-space’s “weird uncles” - they design cool stuff and even have a few solid keycap profiles to their name, but how they go about things sometimes leaves me scratching my head. As for Kono, personally I’ve only had positive experiences, but I’ve heard some mixed things when it comes to communication clarity / reliability.

Ha, well - I did buy a couple tshrts from them that were somehow impregnated with some kind of adhesive, but all the keysets, boards, and switches I’ve ordered from them have arrived on-time and as-expected. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t get MelGeek and their approach. I think “weird uncle” really sums that up well. Their site was very weird too, up until recently at least, with the random product advertisements in a banner across the bottom. Kind of like AliExpress or Banggood. Just random stuff like wigs, hotpants, and knock-off power tools.

My experiences with Kono haven’t been positive, but I’m aware that others have had better luck with them. So while I’m not completely opposed to using them they’re definitely not my first stop.

3 Likes

Realforce boards are 20% off at Fujitsu Realforce Keyboard - Realforce R2 | Fujitsu Scanner Store

5 Likes

New Cream “arcs” in stock at novelkeys. I wonder what this differs from just a regular cream :thinking:.

Edit: Also seems to be a slight shade less vibrant than regular creams
https://novelkeys.com/collections/top-dogs/products/nk_-cream-series?variant=42190993326247

1 Like

It’s a different spring.

I meant as in performance other than just the spring, maybe better molds?

Actuation distance changed from 2mm to 1.9mm so mold may have changed.

What I love about NK Cream is that it’s the only long-poll switch with full 4mm key travel. They went through the trouble of changing the mold to account for the long poll. AFAIK, none of the recent flood of long-poll switches did this.

1 Like

I think Kailh’s “regular” linears have always been like that; Reds, Blacks, etc. - Creams do have different molds than those, but they have that in common IIRC.

1 Like

Here we go:

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 23-02-14 Microsoft Word - CPG151101S111规格书 - CPG151101S111_Cream_Arc_Switch.pdf

It’s called “Arc” for the shape of its progressive force-curve.

For comparison, here’s one from the standard Cream:

Screenshot 2022-03-16 at 23-02-25 1 - Cream_Specs.pdf

Also hot damn 120g bottom-out

3 Likes

They should’ve named it Cream Samoa. Gotta pump some muscle for righteous clacks.

1 Like

Akko does it too with their CS line

1 Like