Post Your Keyboards!

Are you still using the Katana? If yes, how is it? If no, why? I’m really interested in people’s experiences with the board as I’m going to be building a keeb with the Katana.

1 Like

This keycap set looks crazy good!

1 Like

DZ60 with Hako Trues, a frosted case and 9009 keycaps. I’m actually making a new build soon, but I’ll post that when it’s built.

15 Likes

Are you still using the Katana?
Nop. But I had been using it for quite some time and I was quite happy.

If yes, how is it? If no, why?

I have moved to split and ended up designing my own keyboard (Solfe).

I wrote a blogpost about it at the time: In search of the best custom keyboard layout – Josef Adamčík

Anyway, the board is great. If I didn’t move to split I would be still using it and maybe considering on of the updates the author is designing (I am not sure what is the state).

3 Likes

Waiting for a new round !

2 Likes

Teaser pic! He has a few small touch ups to do but should be ready to build tomorrow.

17 Likes

Got my Space65 Cybervoyager in Robocop colorway together with a carbon fiber plate, 62g lubed and filmed tangies, C3 stabs, and a GMK Godspeed.

19 Likes

DZ60rgb v2 w/ lubed creams, poly plate and a tofu alu case. As this is hot-swap this will be my main board for a while, I may swap out the pcb for a different one now and again though but yeah.

You may have noted that this looks like the same board, I actually have a blank set on the board you see above now.

13 Likes

dawg we have the exact same setup wtf

5 Likes

well damn, what are the odds of that lmao

3 Likes

Decided against better judgement and picked this up…

Ori Club CLS-1

On the one hand, I do love the aesthetics of the board. The accented side profile, the multilayered bottom weight, and that vibrant top logo. Mmmmm, yes.

On the other hand, the build quality leaves much to be desired. Anodization/top surface finish is rough and there are a couple of small marks present on the bottom and back. At least two of the case screws had to be replaced by the previous owner (one didn’t sit flush with the case back, another screw was too short for the side accent pieces). If I do end up holding onto this board, I may look at having it recoated/anodized.

Typing feel is not bad using the alu plate and gaskets all around. It’s still fairly stiff but you get a little cushion on the bottom out. I want to swap out the keycaps before I comment on the sound. KAM Little Pilot sounds louder vs epbt/gmk on all the boards I’ve tried.

18 Likes

My daily drivers the Vega and the Prophet. Love these two :wink::heart:

switches: Tangies w/ SPRiT 55g springs, thiccly lubed using 205g0
stabs: Cherry screw-in stabs
caps: GMK Mizu + novelties + spacebars

switches: Milky Top Tealios w/ TX 60g springs, lubed with 205g0, 105
stabs: GMK screw-in stabs
caps: GMK WoB Hiragana + GMK Mizu accent(ESC)

Two excellent boards. The Prophet is a very fun keyboard to type on, mainly because of the plate material(polypropylene). The Vega is just a masterpiece, no variance, very even feel and good sound.

17 Likes

One of my new Mark 65’s. This is the space grey edition. Nice board.

19 Likes

Just finished the Modern M0110 build this evening. I’ll get some better light pics tomorrow showing the finish on it.

Edit: Better light

39 Likes

yo what kind of keycap is this?
did you polish it yourself?
very nice picture :+1::+1:

3 Likes

The profile is KAM. One the unique aspects is that it comes out shiny from the manu. Not a ton of sets have been made with this profile yet. @MingBot

2 Likes

Yo that is sick. Love the keycaps so much.
Maybe I should polish some GMKs soon when they shine
Thanks for the reply :smiley: @djmantis

1 Like

There is a topic for that lol - Polishing ABS Keycaps - #22 by SargentRedbeard

I can see the appeal. Not sure I will every do it, but over time it happens on its own. At some point why not make the whole thing consistent?

Edit: Forgot to tag you again @MingBot

3 Likes

I’m glad everyone seems to like the prophet so much! I can’t wait to put mine together, I went do it this weekend and uh couldn’t find it :upside_down_face: I was sure I brought it home from work (where I got it in the mail) but I have no idea where it’s gotten to

1 Like

LOL. I hope u find urs soon cuz it’s damn amazing. Which plate material did u get tho?

1 Like