What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Sly yeah

Any thoughts on these yet? Just saw them show up on Drop today.

1 Like

Got my :four_leaf_clover: St Patty’s Day :four_leaf_clover: contest Topre caps (the green ones) from HHKB-Realforce US.

25 Likes

Got some blank GMK CR, N9, and WS1 accent caps for orthos in the mail today.

2 Likes

Are these TTC switches?

Their page credits Momoka as the manufacturer. We’re talking about it more here:

2 Likes

PBT Notion. Colors are perfect and make me happy. This is a keeper.

23 Likes

17 days later, my Gateron switch puller just broke.

Edit: The design appears to be completely stupid. It looks like the whole force of tensioning the claw mechanism is counteracted by the tiny plastic latches of the release switch that are designed to keep it snapped to the plate - where the direction of force from a typing finger is exactly the opposite. Kinda wondering now how it held up as long as it did.

Edit 2: I dug a little deeper and yes, they included an additional latch compared to a normal switch top-housing, but it is whimsical and one of them was sheared off. Bollocks!

7 Likes

That’s a really good match between caps and case :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not sure if I can already say my thoughts before I publish the review. You’ll have to wait for a week and a bit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, that does look really good! Got me tempted to pull the trigger on a set myself. How is the warping on the 7u space & are the legends a dark blue or more purpleish irl? They look more blue in the pics on NK, but more purpleish in your pic.

Warping is minimal! Texture is my favorite part. I’d say it is dark blue for sure. It’s almost the same color as my blue Meridian case. Would have put it there but it doesn’t come with split space bars.

It’s not a perfect set, but I’m more than happy with it. Some of the caps sit at a ±0.1mm height difference. You can see the skirts not lining up perfectly. So if you have a low profile board with exposed switches you might notice.

2 Likes

Guts out!

The tiny latch in the middle holds the whole assembly inside the tube.

… until it doesn’t anymore, when it’s gone.

It’s supposed to hold onto this tiny groove until its short, pathetic life has come to a foreseeable end.

6 Likes

Oh man, glad I didn’t grab one of these yet. I was hoping they would be a good puller, but it looks the good green IC pullers are still the way to go

It would be a nice puller if it wasn’t executed so poorly. I like the ergonomics and I think I’ll just epoxy the sucker in place.

But don’t buy it at the price they’re asking - it’s complete junk as a product.

3 Likes

Apparently they are working on a V2 version of this puller to address some of these issues, so I suppose we’ll see sometime later this year.

1 Like

damn gonna have to get this one

Not a keyboard but I guess I should have checked the dimensions on this bad boy, was expecting something that like might fit in my pocket if it had to

7 Likes

Specs?

1 Like

Looks like its cargo pants time if you’re gonna want to pocket that

2 Likes