Zambumon Verne: custom TKL keyboard

Fantastic work @Zambumon! Rounder TKL Cases and designs in general need to gain more popularity. I love that a design that you wanted to work for you ended up forming something very unique and clean that has us all drooling.

Hello world!

As I teased yesterday, the prototype PCBs for Verne have arrived and we could say they are alright because today I built one of the prototypes and Iā€™m currently typing this post reply with Verne. So, at least in the design department, aside those issues the prototypes have which Iā€™ve already addressed and talked with my factory about, both the PCB and cases are finished. However, Iā€™m still waiting for some components, but so far everything is going according to plan.

Regarding the question that I get asked every day: The Group Buy

I still donā€™t want to get into specifics regarding the group buy when it will be done and how much the board will cost, and I understand that for most people this could be frustrating. I apologize for the inconviniences but Iā€™d rather have people hating me now because Iā€™m vague, than when I start the pre-order for this keyboard.

What I can definitely confirm is what Iā€™ve already posted: limited run of aproximately 30 units (yes I know that this isnā€™t a lot of boards, but 30 keyboards what I believe I can manage properly and ship in a reasonable time, so thatā€™s not going to change), the three color options, and the two fixed plates.

I can also confirm that I donā€™t plan to do Verne as a one-time thing (heck, Iā€™ve even teased a Nautilus Nightmaresā€™ version!). Iā€™m aware that thereā€™s reasonable demand for this board, but again, itā€™s just that I want to make sure that everyone getting this boards gets something Iā€™d also want to own.

PD: if you are in Frankurt, youā€™ll be able to see Verne in action on November 3rd at Mechanicon Meetup in Frankfurt, Germany on November 3rd! MECHANICON is back!

3 Likes

Just realised you are in EU :blush:
So in for a kit considering there will not be any customs charges (Iā€™m in EU also)

Too bad I canā€™t go to the Frankfurt meeting :frowning: ā€¦ be sure to post lots of pics ā€¦

Hey Zambumon do you have any sample peice of the red?

I will.

2 Likes

Is it possible to ship to Korea?

I donā€™t think there would be any problems to ship it to Korea. It will be expensive, tho.

@Zambumon will you ship from Germany?

yes

Whenever it happens, Iā€™m in. Period. Not a difficult decision.

Is the PCB gonna be compatible with mill max sockets or holtites? Iā€™m interested if it can be made hotswappable :slight_smile:

It should be compatible with holtites.

Nice, compatibility with these should also be possible if holtites would work i guess :https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/mill-max-manufacturing-corp/7305-0-15-15-47-27-10-0/ED1039-ND/1765737

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong :slight_smile:

OP revamped. :smiley:

1 Like

Is the IC the means of entering the raffle, or is that done separately?

Kind of, because this very same form will be used when the GB starts.

@Zambumon can I get an invoice for the keeb? :star_struck:

A wild JamĆ³n Red Verne has appeared!

Looks great with Chocolatier too.

7 Likes

if i manage to get one i think ill be going red thats beautiful.

Wow, nice in red. With JamĆ³n keycap set would be the TKL of the year. Well for me anyway.